Posts Tagged ‘morals’
Research studies show that:
- Compared to religious people, non-believers are in general less prejudiced, anti-semitic, racist, dogmatic, ethnocentric, close-minded and authoritarian.
- And, in general, non-religious people are more altruistic and supportive of women’s rights, gender equality, and gay rights.
- Only 0.2% of prisoners in U.S. jails are atheists.
- Murder and violent crime rates are higher in highly religious countries than in more secular countries.
- And murder and violent crime rates are higher in highly religious U.S. states than in less religious U.S. states.
Source: Psychology Today
You don’t need religion to have morals. If you can’t determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion. — Morgan Freeman