It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people on Twitter who ask the moronic question, “If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes?” While the stupidity is amazing it is not surprising that these people do zero research before embarrassing themselves in front of the world.
This “newspaper” story says it best (click for a larger view):
I asked the Lord to satisfy my stomach as if I’d had a full meal. – Rita Chretien after surviving 7 weeks in Nevada wilderness.
Um, Rita? A few questions …
- How come your god let you get in that predicament to start with?
- Why did he let it go on so long?
- Why did he let your husband die but save you?
- Why did you ask him to satisfy your stomach as if you’d had a full meal? I guess you were pretty sure he wouldn’t give you real food. God’s a prick, eh Rita?
- Why do you continue to worship a god that would put you through this ordeal?
God is a fictional being created by man and worshipped by the ignorant. I’m happy that you survived, Rita. I’m saddened that you are no more enlightened than when you got yourself lost.
Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions.
“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.
“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.” – Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall (R)
– Think Progress
So there you have it, proof positive that you can always rely on a Republican, religious whack-job to say something more ignorant than you thought humanly possible.
Bravo, sir! Well done!